Animator, New York, NY
Animator. Chalk Artist. Bird Lady.
█ Katie Better is a Maryland-born animator and chalk artist based in New York City, currently working at Rockstar Games. For over 10 years, Katie has been working in performance capture and cinematic animation for videogames. Since 2012, after being introduced to chalking by a friend and Florida chalk community in Tampa, chalk art has been her primary vehicle of personal art; inspired by wildlife, art history and games. She has previously hosted chalk workshops in Baltimore, in collaboration with Art With a Heart. Her favorite aspect of chalking is being able to share techniques to empower visitors to get dirty, make mistakes, get messy and create more public art within their local communities.
█ 2021 Chalkfest Schedule
For chalk work or festivals, please contact Katie at least 4-6 weeks in advance of your event.
- Animator (Cinematics) at Rockstar Games
- 2018 – Present New York, NY
- Senior Motion Capture Animator at Rockstar Games
- 2016 – 2018 Long Island, NY
- Motion Capture Animator at Rockstar Games
- 2014 – 2016 Long Island, NY
- 2D/3D Animator at Artix Entertainment
- 2011 – 2014 Lutz, FL
- Admin Assistant at Travel Channel
- 2008 – 2010 Chevy Chase, MD
- Clever Fella, Good Shot! Zine at Online, Print
- CrabZine at Online
- Together Breakfast – A Steven Universe Zine at Online, Print
- Birb Zine at SPX
- siteMaryland 2006 at Baltimore Museum of Art, Baltimore, MD
- Digital Painting
- Motion Capture
- Street Painting
- Community Art